Friday, September 21, 2012

Ladies night!

I like music... a lot.  I like a pretty eclectic mix that range's from Lady Day to Jay Z... throw in a little Staind for good measure and I'm a happy girl!  I have a very good friend, Lissa, who makes me look like a novice when it comes to music... not only is her range even bigger, she KNOWS stuff.... I pretty much know what I like and go with that! 

Several years ago, Lissa told me I HAD to go see this Christmas Show featuring several local singers.  I'm all for a night out, what the hell!  That was the night I first heard Keri Noble sing and I was hooked.  She's not mainstream and you can hear her music here and there.  I think Kelly Clarkson remade one song, another was featured on Grey's Anatomy once and there was one song played on popular radio for a while.  To actually hear her music you need to either buy the Cd's or go to a show. 

Told Mom and Dad about her and, lo and behold, they already knew about he!.  They had seen her perform at the Duluth Blues Festival a couple times.  Over the last several years, I have introduced other people to her and have gone to several of her shows in and around the Twin Cities.  Now I can hear her talk almost every morning on Cities 97 as she's now a part of the Morning Show!  This involves dragging my butt out of bed and being able to see straight to turn the radio on, but hey... it's an option! 

Prior to Christmas last year, I had checked a local theater who has been known to book Keri and isn't too expensive ticket-wise.  She was playing in January!  IDEA!  Mom, Brigid and me- DATE!  WOOHOOO!  Except, recently Mom and Dad have starting 'going south' for the winter and Mom wouldn't be in town.  Bummer.....

Hmmmmm.... mother/daughter date night... and lets make it even better, wrap it up, along with a skirt and a top, slap a bow on it and give it to her for Christmas!  It was a hit!  Brigid got to choose where we went for dinner the night of (Donatelli's- YUM!) and we went on Keri's page and printed out pictures of her to bring along that Brigid got signed.  While looking up pictures, Brigid took note that Keri has stars tattooed on her arm and an idea was born.  Together, Brigid and I designed a pair of earrings for Keri that Brigid gave to her that night.  Keri instantly took off the earrings she was wearing and put her new earrings in! 
Brigid and Keri Noble- with her new star earrings!
 

Brigid was elated!  She got to meet Keri Noble, had a new CD- signed, two pictures of Keri- signed, had given Keri some earrings and received several hugs in return!  We bought a triple window picture frame and have all three photos in it.....
 
Except I took the picture above out of the frame today.....
 
This was taken about a week and a half ago...
 
Upon realizing she was looking at Keri Noble tickets...
 
She began to do what Shawn called...
 
The Snoopy Dance! 
 

 
 My original idea of a date with Mom and Brigid to see Keri Noble has come to fruition!  Our date is tonight and we can't wait!  We are meeting for dinner and get to spend time together before going to the concert.  Recently, Brigid and I heard Keri announce that she had gotten engaged.... so last night Brigid and I whipped up another little gift to give to Keri.   I've got the camera at the ready and the picture above ready for Brigid to get signed! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment